Reset Facebook Password – You may have a number of reasons, why you want to reset your Facebook password. These reasons may include the following;
- If you are unable to access your emails or mobile phone number
- When you forget your password
- If you don’t know your password
Facebook offers an option which helps you reset your password and gives you the ability to set up a new password. Facebook needs you to fill in a combination of email and password to login and use their service. Thus if you can’t login to your Facebook account, then it’s time to reset your Facebook password.
You can get back into your Facebook account if using an alternate email or mobile phone number, listed on your account.
If you cannot reset Facebook password straight from Facebook, contact your email service provider, to regain access to the use of your mail.
Here’s, how to reset Facebook password
Reset Facebook password with Default Email
To create any Facebook account, you need an email or phone number. And if Facebook knows your email account ID, then Facebook can aid you in your password reset
- Click open www.facebook.com from your computer or laptop, with your default internet browser
- Click on “Forget password” situated under the login field
- In case your login has failed multiple times, then locate the screen from where you can click on “Forget password.”
- On the subsequent page, you will see your password retrieval options. Select the first option to use the default password that you are using for your recent email ID
- A message will be displayed, that will prompt you to continue, and permission will be asked, to access your Yahoo Mail account. Just keep up with the process and complete the procedure.
Reset Facebook Password Using Phone Number
If you linked a phone number, to your Facebook account, select the third option from the “Forgot Password” page, where it reads “Get a code from my smartphone” and proceed with the process.
With this, you will get a security code on your phone number in place of your email.
- Type in the code, and tap on “Change ”
- Here, fill in a new password, and verify the changes
There, you now have a new password, for your account.
Reset Facebook Password With Recovery Email
If you desire to reset and set up a new password for your Facebook account, then the following steps must be taken to see it thru;
- Open facebook.com from your computer or laptop, using the default internet browser
- Click on “Forget Password” placed under the login field
- In case you have failed to login many times, locate the screen that reads “Forget password” and tap on it
- Choose “Email me a link to reset my password,” on the password retrieval option, and tap on continue.
- A digit code will be emailed to you by Facebook in your recovery, and you will be prompted to enter it on the following page.
- Fill in the code, and tap on “Change ”
- Fill in a new password, and confirm the changes.
To Reset Facebook password is so easy, and very basic just follow the basic steps outlined here, and get it done in minutes.