How to Set Up Cash App – This article will show you how to set up Cash App and get you started with Cash App by Square on your Android device.
How to Set Up Cash App Account
- Open up “Play Store”
- Type in cash app into the search bar.
- Tap Cash App.
- Tap INSTALL.
- Fill out your phone number or email address andtap Next. Cash App will send you a confirmation code to your phone or email address. It may take a while for you to get the code.
- If you don’t get the code, tap on “Help” at the bottom-left corner of the screen, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Fill out the confirmation code and tap on “Next”.
- You will need to indicate how you want to use Cash App. If you are going sell, select “Business”. If you just want to send and receive cash from family members and friends (or to buy from others), select “Personal”.
- No fee will be charged when you send or receive money with a personal account unless you send payments using a credit card.
- Follow the on-screen guide in order to link your bankaccount. Cash App needs to have access to your bank account so you can send and receive money.
- You will need to provide the routing and account numbers for your checking account.
How to Claim or Change Your Cashtag
A Cashtag is a username that other people can use to send you money, it usually begins with a dollar sign “$”.
If you do not have Cashtag yet, people can still send or request money from you by entering your phone number or email address associated with your Cash App account.
Please note that, you can only edit your Cashtag twice after creating it. To claim or change your Cashtag do the following:
- Tap on the icon located at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Swipe up to get your Unique Cash Name. If you have a Cashtag already, tap on it instead.
- Fill out the Cashtag you would like to use. Cashtags must consist of at least a letter, but no more than twenty (20), and can have symbols.
- Tap on “Set”.
- Slide on the ″Cash.me″ switch it to the “On” position. You can now send or receive money with this Cashtag.
How to Request And/or Send Money on Cash App
- Tap the Cash App on your Android device. Your current balance will be shown to you on the screen.
- If you send more than $250 in seven days, Cash App will request your SSN, name, and birth date in order to increase your spending limit.
- Type out the amount you want to send or request. The minimum amount to send or request is $1.
- Tap Pay or Request as the case may be.
- Enter the Cashtag of person you are sending to or requesting from (this is a username that begins with a dollar sign). Enter the person’s phone number or Cashtag that is linked with their account.
- If you mistakenly send money to a phone number that’s not linked to a Cash App account, Tap the clock icon located at the top-right corner of the Cash App home screen, select the payment, next tap “Cancels” Payment.
- In the ″For″ field, it may be helpful to tell the person the reason for sending or requesting money.
- In the case of making a payment, tap on “Pay”.
- In the case of making a request, tap on Request, the recipient will receive a notification that you’ve requested money.
How to Send Money from Cash App to Your Bank Account
- · Open Cash App on your Android device
- Tap on your current balance.
- Tap “Cash Out”.
- Choose the speed of deposit. Tap on “Instant” to have your money in your bank account in seconds, this will cost you 1.5% of the total transfer amount. Otherwise, choose “Standard” which is the free option, it will send the money to your bank the next business day. Note that, standard transfers can take a bit longer if your bank is closed on a holiday or the weekend.