How to put off Contacts Syncing and Delete Contacts List on Instagram – You may not be using Facebook always nowadays, but Instagram and WhatsApp are quite much clips for a lot when it has to do with social media and networking. Should in case you didn’t know, the both apps are owned by Facebook. Among the lesser-known features of Instagram is that you can upload your contacts to its servers to help you locate people you know on the photo-sharing platform. However, in case you don’t want to sync your contacts to Facebook’s servers, we will be showing you how to turn off contacts syncing and delete your contacts list from Instagram.
Delete Your Contacts List on Instagram
As it is clearly stated above, the “contacts syncing” feature is a simpler method to find people you may know on Instagram. However, this app is Facebook-owned which we are discussing, the truth is that you don’t want to share more personal information than absolutely necessary with the social networking giant. However, it’s not a big problem to turn off contacts syncing and deleting your uploaded contacts list from Instagram’s servers. This is exactly what we will be sharing in this article right away.
Disable Contacts Syncing on Instagram App
To start, first thing we need to do before deleting contacts from the Instagram servers is to disallow Instagram from accessing your contacts. After all, immediately you have followed all the people you know, I don’t think there is any reason for Instagram to store your contacts. To get this done, follow the guide below:
Note: I will be discussing this process on Instagram for iPhone users. However, the guide remains the same for Android devices, this is also a step you can follow along even if you’re using an Android smartphone
- In the bottom navigation bar, click on your profile icon in the Instagram app. Then, click on the overflow menu icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- At the overflow menu, click on ‘Settings’ and move to the ‘Account’ section.
- Now, click on ‘Contacts Syncing’ and turn off the toggle to prevent Instagram from uploading your contacts to its servers.
Delete Contacts List from Instagram’s Servers
Now that you have succeeded in disabling the contacts syncing feature in the Instagram app, we will delete the uploaded contacts from the Instagram servers. To achieve this, you will have to access the Instagram website on a computer. sadly, Instagram does not permit you to delete your contacts from its servers using the mobile app.
- Move to the Instagram website and log in with your Instagram account. tap on your profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- tap on ‘Settings’ in the pop-up menu.
- Then, tap on ‘Manage Contacts’.
- Here, tap on ‘Delete All’ to remove all your synced contacts from Instagram’s servers. If you have never synced your contacts with the photo-sharing service, the button will be faded-out and unclickable.
Keep Your Personal Contacts Off Instagram Servers
Now that you have learned how you can delete your contacts from Instagram’s servers, you can go ahead and do this to improve your privacy. After all, why give more user information to companies like Instagram and Facebook, especially when it’s likely not even adding that much value to your user experience. So, have you ever allowed Instagram access to your contacts list? Do you always sync your contacts to locate new users? If so, will you want to ever delete those contacts from Instagram’s servers? you can keep your comment in the comment box