How to downgrade from iOS 15 Beta to iOS 14 – Going from an iOS beta software update to an old version can be stressful. It also comes with some severe caveats that you need to keep in mind before going with the process. This process also works if you want to downgrade from ipados 15 beta to ipados 14.
List of things to keep in mind before downgrading iOS beta software update
- If you already installed watchOS 8 beta on your apple watch paired with your iPhone running iOS 15 beta, you will not be able to use your smartwatch after the downgrade.
- Ensure you have the backup of your device before you installed the iOS 15 bet, because you will be able to restore from a previous iOS 14 backup.
- Ensure to back up all time data, downgrading from iOS 15 requires you to wipe out all the existing data.
Put your iPhone into Recovery Mode
- First, you need to shut down your phone
- Hold the side/tip button until it slides to power off appears
- Connect your iOS to your computer using your capable
- Enter recovery mode
- IPhone 8 or later (press and quickly release the volume up button, do the same with the down button, hold down the side button until you see the recovery mode screen)
- IPad without a home button (press and quickly release the up-volume button, do the some for the downtime button. Hold the top button till your device goes into recovery mode)
- IPhone 7 and 7+ (press and hold the side/volume down button at the same time. Keep holding the buttons until the recovery mode screen shows up)
- IPad 7 with home button: press and hold the side and volume down buttons at the same time, keep holding the buttons until the recovery mode pops up.
- IPad with home button: hold down the home and top buttons at the same time, ensure to hold the buttons until recovery mode pop up.
Downgrade your iPhone from iOS 15 beta to iOS 14
- Click on the restore button in the pop-up window
- Select restore to confirm your action
- Click on iOS 14 software update
- Tap next on the iOS 14 software update
- Click on agree to accept terms and conditions
- Proceed to start downloading
Restore your archived iOS 14 back-ups to your iPhone
Your device has been restored. It will be the newest stable version of iOS.
- Restore the device from a previous backup, to get your data
- Click on restore backup, under the general section in iTunes or finder
- Select the archived backup you made before installing the iOS beta software update
- Your iPhone will be back after restoration.
You have successfully downgraded from iOS 15 beta to iOS 14.