To delete Yahoo mail account, you have to bear in mind that you’ll not only lose your emails, you’ll also not have full access to your Yahoo mail account again. Yahoo mail also denies you access to other accounts attached to your Yahoo mail account and other Yahoo services.
Like we all know Yahoo mail is the world’s best free web-based mailing service which provides essential and intelligent tools of a modern webmail service for all Yahoo mail users. The mailing site uses an automated system to analyze every communication content and also helps to identify spam and provide relevant features to active users.
But with all these wonderful talks about Yahoo mentioned in the second paragraph above, many Yahoo mail users still wish to delete their Yahoo mail account. Why?, Users wish to delete their Yahoo mail accounts because the Yahoo mail service is undergoing some security breaches now which makes the site insecure.
On the 22nd of September, 2016, Yahoo revealed that about 500 million Yahoo mail active users account had been hacked by third-party apps. These security breaches occurred both in 2013 & late 2014, which affected about 12 million users around the world.
Since Yahoo has been facing a lot of security breaches, it is not advisable to keep valuable contents on the website. But before you delete Yahoo mail account, there are things I’ll like you to know.
Do These Before You Delete Yahoo Mail Account
And they include;
- Take backups of your most important emails by forwarding them to a secondary email account.
- Export every of your important contacts from Yahoo mail.
- Deactivate your account from any third-party app service and replace your account with a secondary account.
It is advisable you do not leave any of your valuable contacts or mails in your Yahoo mail account before deleting. Because even after deleting your account, Yahoo mail still keeps a record of your data in their site servers.
Delete Yahoo Account Now – How To – Steps
Instantly delete your Yahoo mail account with these few but simple steps below;
- First, go to the Yahoo delete user page – https//:www.yahoo.com/help/delete_account.
- Enter your username.
- Click the next button.
- Enter your Yahoo password.
- Read the pop-up message that appears on the page – the message contains detail of what you get to lose when you delete your Yahoo mail account.
- If you still wish to delete your Yahoo account, simply click the Continue button.
- Enter your email address again.
- Click “ yes, terminate this account”.
- A message pops up again on your screen – “your account has been deactivated and scheduled for deletion”.
- Click on Sounds good.
It takes Yahoo mail up to 180 days to finally delete everything in the Yahoo mail account. If you wish to reactivate the account again, you should login to the account within 40 days after you delete Yahoo mail account.