How to Close a WhatsApp Group – WhatsApp is all about bringing people together, and there’s no better way to do that than by creating a WhatsApp group. WhatsApp groups make it a lot easy to exchange swap photos, messages, lock in plans, and pass important information to participants.
But as with all things in life, sometimes there comes a time for a WhatsApp group to go away. To close a WhatsApp group is a multi-step process, but unless it’s a massive group, it’s not that complicated or time consuming.
Here is how to go about it.
How To Close a WhatsApp Group as An Admin
First things first, to close a WhatsApp group, you will need to delete all the members and then you will be able to exit and delete the WhatsApp group.
Now we will show you how to delete a WhatsApp group as an admin from desktop and mobile in detail.
Close WhatsApp Group from Computer/Desktop as An Admin
- Open up WhatsApp and select the group you want to close.
- Click on the name of your WhatsApp group at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and you will find the list of “participants” on your group. Remove them one after the other by clicking the down arrow key available besides “Participants”.
- Next, click on the “ExitGroup” button to opt-out from the WhatsApp group.
- Next, you will see a pop up come up instantly, with 2 options i.e “Cancel” & “Exit”, just click “Exit” to exit from the group.
- Finally, you will get the option to close the by deleting the group. Just click the “Delete group” button to close it permanently.
- Now, we have shown you how to close a WhatsApp group from a desktop. Now let us see together how we can close a WhatsApp group from a smartphone.
Close WhatsApp Group from Smartphone As An Admin
In order to delete a WhatsApp group from smartphones, we have outlined the first 3 steps described above, now follow the given steps below sequentially.
- Tap on the participant, a popup shows up with a couple of options, click the option to remove a participant.
- After clicking the “Remove Participant”, you will see another popup telling you to remove a participant from the given group.
- When you have deleted all the participants from the group then tap on the “exit group” button, again you will see a pop up with tree options. select “Exit”.
- Finally tap on the “Delete Group” button to close the WhatsApp group permanently.
These are the very steps which you need to follow in order to close a WhatsApp group.
If you are just a participant and you want out of the group then you can follow the given steps below.
If you are using WhatsApp on the android phone then,
- Open up WhatsApp and go to the group chat and then tap the group’s name.
- Scroll down a little bit and you will see the “Exit Group” button.
- Click the “exit group” button and click the “Exit” button to come out of the group.
Final Thoughts on How to Close a WhatsApp group
Now you know how to close a WhatsApp group from the web and smartphones.
This tutorial on how to close a WhatsApp group was mainly to provide you with up-to-date information on how to close a WhatsApp group as an Admin and as a participant. If you have any other updated information please let us know in the comment section below.
Check Out These Post:
- How to Delete a Gmail.com – Delete Your Gmail Account Guide
- How To Close Amazon Sellers Account – Easy Guide
- How to Close a Facebook Account – Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account
- How To Close Shopify Account – Step by Step Guide – Delete Shopify Account 2020