How To Close A Chase Checking Account – If you have made up your mind to close a chase checking account, Chase Bank gives you different options to do so. This makes it possible to close your account in a way that is easy and convenient for you.
While walking into a branch to close your account is the quickest option, the other methods are almost as quick, with a time frame of 2 to 3 business days upon receipt of your request.
How To Close A Chase Checking Account In Person
To close a chase checking account in person, you have to visit a branch nearest to you.
Chase provides a list of locations online.
- Click on “Find a Branch or ATM” link at the top of the homepage.
- You will see a pop-up search box appear
- You can then search for locations by zip code, address or city and state.
- When you are done entering your search parameters, click “Search.”
- You also can click a link to conduct an advanced search.
- This will take you to another page where you can search for locations based on specific features, such as branches open on Sundays.
- Upon entering the branch, you can inform one of the customer service representatives that you wish to close your checking account. He or She will walk you through the steps.
How To Close A Chase Checking Account By Mail
Yes! You can close your chase checking account by mail. Here is how you can go about
- On your browser visit the chase website
- Download the account closing form.
- After downloading the form, enter your full name, account number, phone number, and address where any remaining balance should be mailed to.
After filling the form, sign the form, print your full name and mail it to
National Bank By Mail,
P.O. Box 36520,
For courier or rapid delivery, send it to
National Bank By Mail,
Mail Code KY1-0900,
416 West Jefferson,
Floor L1, Louisville,
How to Close a Chase Checking Account by Phone
To close a Chase checking account by phone, you need to do the following:
- Pick up your phone and dial Support Number
- In order to close your checking account by phone. Press “O” to be connected to a customer service representative.
- Their representatives are available 24/7.
- Tell the representative you want to close your account.
- She will ask you to confirm your identity with such information as the last four digits of your Social Security number and birthdate
- After she confirms your identity, she will then proceed to close your account.
How to Close a Chase Checking Account Online
In order to close your Chase checking account online, here is what you should do.
- On your computer or phone, visit Chase.com
- Enter your User ID and Password in order to log into your account.
- Next, you need to send a mail to the customer service department via the “Secure Message Center”.
- Request a closure of your checking account.
- A banker will reply your email and ask you to confirm your closure request.
- Once you confirm your closure, the banker will close your account and send you a confirmation email.