Do you want to change your Facebook name for any reason ?
This blog post will teach you how to edit or change your displayed name on Facebook, both in the desktop version and on the mobile app. Exercise a little bit of caution when doing this, since Facebook will only permit you to edit your name a few times.
Method One: How to Change Your Name on Facebook via Mobile
1. Open up the Facebook app. It is a dark-blue app with a white “f” on it. This will open up your Facebook News Feed if you’re already signed into Facebook on your tablet or phone.
- If you aren’t signed into Facebook, type in your email address (or phone number) and password to proceed.
2. Tap on breadcrumb icon. It is either the bottom-right corner of the screen (iPhone) or the top-right corner of the screen (Android).
3. Move down and tap on “Settings”. It is located close to the bottom of the page.
- You will have to skip this step on Android.
4. Tap on “Account Settings”. This will take you to your “Account Settings” page.
5. Tap on “General.” It is the top option on this page.
6. Tap on your name. You should see this close to the top of the screen.
7. Edit your name. Tap on the First Name, Middle Name, and/or LastName field, enter in your preferred name, and repeat for the other fields as necessary.
8. Tap “Review Change.” It’s a blue button at the bottom of the screen.
9. Select a display option. Facebook will show you variations of your name at the top of the screen; tap an option to pick it as your name’s appearance.
10. Type in your password, then tap on “Save Changes”. You will enter your password in the text field above the “Save Changes” button. Doing so will change your Facebook name.
Method Two: How to Change Your Name on Facebook via Desktop
1. On your web browser, go to Facebook’s website – to https://www.facebook.com in your chosen browser. This will load your News Feed if you are already logged into Facebook.
- If you are not already logged into Facebook, type in your email address (or phone number) and password before continuing.
2. Click “This” icon is in the upper-right side of the Facebook page. Doing so will prompt a drop-down menu.
3. Click on “Settings”. It is close to the bottom of the drop-down menu.
4. Click on “General” tab. This option is located at the upper-left side of the page.
5. Click on your name. It is at the top of the General page.
6. Enter your name. Change the name(s) in the First, Middle, and/or Last fields with your chosen name(s).
7. Click “Review Change”. This blue button is found below the name section. Click on it to bring up a pop-up menu.
8. Chose a display option. Facebook will show you variations of your name at the top of the page; click an option to pick it as your name’s appearance.
9. Type in your password, then click “Save Changes”. You will enter your password in the text field above the Save Changes button. Doing so will create a change in your Facebook name.
By now am sure this post was of great help … For more solution drop your comment below