How the New Siri Voices in iOS 14.5 is used on iPhone and iPad – After the launch of iOS 14 last year, Apple brought some helpful improvements for Siri. Whether it’s the all-new compact UI or the more natural sound, Apple’s virtual assistant became more better. Still talking on this, Apple has just added two new Siri voices in iOS 14.5 (recently available in beta) to give you a better variety. Not only that, Apple will now also allow you select a Siri voice at set up to eliminate default bias. So, if you have installed the newest iOS 14.5 beta version, below is the steps you can locate and use new Siri voices in iOS 14.5 on iPhone and iPad.
The New Siri Voices in iOS 14.5 is use on iPhone and iPad
Apple made it known that Siri will have better-improved sound quality with the inclusion of the two new voices. amazingly, the virtual assistant is said to have been use to the phrases generated by Apple’s Neural text to speech engine with a clearer accent. Bear in mind that the newly added Siri voices are currently available only for English.
As it stands right now, there is no certain time as to when these two new voices will be available for other languages, we are expecting Apple to roll out support for more languages very soon. Now, follow the guides below to use any of the two new Siri voices in iOS 14.5 on your device:
- open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Then, scroll down and select Siri & Search.
3. Next, ensure English (United States) is chosen as the preferred language.
4. Next up, click on Siri Voice.
5. On the Voice section, there are four options to choose from:
- Voice 1: Old male voice
- Voice 2: New female voice
- Voice 3: New male voice
- Voice 4: Old female voice
6. when you have chosen the crave Siri voice, iOS will immediately begin to download it. So, you may need to be patient until the download is completed. immediately it is done, quit the settings. You can now begin to use the latest Siri voice on your iOS or iPadOS device
7. Now, if you are yet to install the iOS 14.5 beta update, you can continue reading this article to show you how the new Siri voices sound.
More Points to Note
- Not very important but worth pointing out, whenever you select a Siri voice on your iPhone, your paired Apple Watch will immediately use the same voice.
- You can also make use the new Siri voice on your HomePod provided you have access to the latest HomePod software beta. To get it done, head over to the Home app on your iPhone/ iPad running iOS 14.5/ iPadOS 14.5, and touch and hold the HomePod icon -> HomePod Settings. Now, ensure that the English language is chosen. After this, click on Siri Voice and then select the preferred Siri voice.
Download and Use New Siri Voice on iOS and iPadOS Devices
Though it’s too early to conclude about the new Siri voice, I think they are slightly better. While Apple’s virtual assistant still has a long way to go to be on part with Google Assistant and Alexa, no one can deny the fact that it has vastly improved in recent times. There are still many that Apple can learn from Google and Amazon to add several new functionalities to Siri. We could possibly see some of these upgrades at the WWDC 2021 conference in June later this year.
What can you say about the latest Siri voices? Be free to share your opinion in the comments section below. Also, if you are an Android user and want to change the Google Assistant voice, just follow the steps as explained in the article.