Facebook Night Mode is in vogue and most users just love it. Currently, all of Facebook’s other properties have dark mode features to some extent, including WhatsApp, Instagram, and Messenger.
The night mode, allows you to change the Facebook theme to dark mode in just a click. Thus if you are tired of the normal Facebook theme and want protect your eyes using the night mode, you can achieve that by creating your own night mode, with a few simple clicks.
Facebook Night Mode
The Facebook night mode looks cool and is quite cool on the eyes. The night mode feature, is also available on Facebook Lite, which is the smaller version of the main app, which Facebook says is designed for 2G networks and areas with slow or unstable internet connections.
Now according to Facebook, the majority of us will have the option enabled. Thus in order to enable the built-in dark mode by Facebook, you will first have to switch to the new design. Note also, that Facebook will allow you to choose between old and new design until this year (2020). Then at some point (not specific date), the new design will become default.
How to Enable the New Facebook Design (Desktop)
- At the top right corner, tap the arrow
- Then from the drop-down menu, tap on Switch to New Facebook.
How to Enable Facebook Night Mode on the New Facebook Design (Desktop)
It is important to remember, that if you want to use the built-in dark mode by Facebook, you need to switch to the new design first.
- At the top right corner, tap the arrow
- Then from the drop-down menu, tap on Dark Mode.
How to Enable Dark Mode for Facebook Messenger (Android and iOS)
- Click open the Facebook Messenger app (iOS or Android only)
- Send crescent emoji (you can skip it)
- The dark mode feature will be displayed automatically in your Messenger app settings. From this point onwards, you can enable/disable the dark whenever you feel like. Now you don’t have to send the crescent emoji anymore.
- You can now enjoy your dark mode in the Messenger app.
Switching Dark Mode with the Newest Updates
- Click on the arrow to the far upper right hand corner
- Tap on Switch to New Facebook
- Select Dark Mode in the popup and tap on ‘Get Started, or you can revisit the arrow for a toggle switch.
How to Turn on Dark Mode for Facebook
On Android or iOS
Sadly, there is no current way to cracking your Facebook app, be it on the iOS or the Android, and permanently make the background black, or darker.
Until such a time when Facebook decides to roll out this feature, you can enable it on the desktop permanently on Google Chrome by typing: chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark into the address bar after the Facebook URL and Google Chrome will flag it as a dark mode.
With this method, you can still turn Facebook Messenger into a dark mode:
- Tap on your profile picture on the upper left-hand corner. A page should be displayed below.
- Look for the dark mode, and toggle it on.
Dark Mode iOS 13
With the introduction of iOS 13, users can now activate the feature in the settings:
Use the following steps to enable dark mode:
- Scroll to ‘Settings’ on your iPhone
- Navigate down to ‘Control Center’
- Click on ‘Customize Controls’
- Search for ‘Dark Mode’ beneath the ‘More Controls’ list
- Click on the green plus sign close to the option.
When you are ready to use dark mode, swipe down from the upper right-hand corner (if you do not have a home button) and if you have a home button, swipe up from the bottom. Click on the dark mode icon, and head back to your usual activities.
Dark Mode for Android
For some time now, Android users have had a dark mode feature, even though it only works for Android systems like the settings app. To turn the feature on:
- Scroll to Settings on your phone
- Click on Display
- Click on Dark Mode.
How to Install Night Eye and Enable Dark Mode for Facebook (Desktop)
- Start by tapping on the preferred browser icon to download and install the extension
- After the installation is complete, you will be asked to adjust the language settings for the extension.
- The dark mode is set as default mode for any website you will be visiting from now on, but most especially Facebook and Facebook Messenger.
- You are offered 3 general modes to choose from:
Dark Mode – All colors, small images and icons will be converted, to offer you the smoothest dark experience possible.
Filtered – The website’s colors will not be changed, even though you can still adjust brightness, contrast, warmth and more.
Normal – Get back to the normal browsing experience.
- Now you can customize by applying filters, scheduling when Night Eye to work and much more by opening the extension window.