Facebook iPhone App – This blog post will teach you how to download the Facebook application onto your iPhone and also how to Connect Your iPhone to the Facebook App Integrated Login.
How to Download Facebook iPhone App
Below are the simple steps to take in order to download the Facebook iPhone app into your iOS device
- Tap on the App Store icon
- Tap on the search bar. It is located at the top of the screen; you’ll see the phrase “App Store”.
- Type in Facebook into the search bar.
- Tap on Search.
- Tap on “GET”. This button can be found to the right of the Facebook app icon, A pop-up menu will appear.
- If you have downloaded Facebook before and then uninstalled it, you’ll see a download icon instead of “GET”.
- If you get to see “OPEN” instead of “GET”, it means that Facebook is already installed on your iPhone.
- Next you will have to type in your Apple ID password. If your iOS device has Touch ID enabled for the App Store, you’ll be prompted to scan your fingerprint
This process can take a few minutes if you’re using cellular data or a slow Internet connection.
You may not be prompted to enter your Apple ID or Touch ID if you’ve downloaded Facebook before.
- Wait for the download to complete. Once Facebook app is done downloading, the progress circle on the right side of the screen will be replaced with an OPEN button.
- You can open up Facebook by clicking OPEN here, or you can tap the Facebook app icon on your iPhone’s Home Screen.
How to Connect Your iPhone to the Facebook App Integrated Login
- Tap the Settings app on the device.
- Scroll and tap on the “Facebook” button, which can be found just a little bit below the button labeled Twitter.
- Tap and then enter your Facebook account username and password into the login screen’s appropriate boxes.
- Tap or click into the box labeled “User Name” and type your Facebook username. This is the email with which you signed up with on Facebook. At this time, your iOS device, won’t let you sign into Facebook via your mobile device’s phone number. Tap on the “Return” button on the iPhone keyboard to skip down to the Password field when finished.
- Type your Password into the box.
Tap or click on the Sign in button, which can be found to be slightly below the Password field.
- Verify that you can/will allow the conditions that show up for your device to use. Approve the message that comes up. Tap on the “Sign in” button at the top right-hand corner.
- Next authorize your device to connect with Facebook, if and when these boxes show up. You’ll only need to authorize them once per account, so you shouldn’t have to get them the second time around, should you need to unlink the account together and re-link later.
- Update the data of your iPhone’s Contacts. Tap on the Update All Contacts button to update. You might as well do this, but it will help keep the names and email addresses and information synced to this source to correspond to these people’s real-life names and information. This data can take quite a time to update, but it’s well worth it in the end; so, connect to a Wi-Fi network to minimize the amount of data collected, when completing this step.