To get a Facebook ID, you have to join the ever-growing Facebook community. Creating a Facebook ID is free, and it will only take few minutes. Once your account is created, you can share interesting things with friends, chat, upload images, and much more.
How to Create A Facebook ID
- On your browser, open up the Facebook homepage. You must be at least 13 years old to create a Facebook ID. Facebook accounts are free. You can only get one Facebook ID per email address.
- Fill out your information. On the Facebook homepage, fill out your first name, last name, email address, password, gender and birthday. You need to use your real name for your account. Nicknames are also permitted so long as they are a variation on your real name (Love instead of Loveline, for instance).
- Click on “Sign Up”. If all of your info is correct, you will receive a verification email to the email address you provided.
- Check your email for the verification email. It may take a while for the email to get delivered. Click on the link in the email to activate your Facebook account.
Setting Up Your Profile
- Add a display picture. The first thing you need to do after creating a Facebook account is add a display/profile picture. This will allow others to quickly recognize you, making conversations between friends and family easier.
- Send friend request. Facebook is useless if you don’t have friends and family to share it with. You can look or search for people by their name or email, import your contact lists, and invite friends that aren’t currently using Facebook.
- When you find anybody you want to add, you will need to send them a friend invite. Once they get to accept your friend request, that person will be added to your Friends list.
- Manage your Facebook privacy settings. There are countless terrible incidents of people posting things that they don’t want others to see, or losing a job because of something controversial they shared. Take some time to set up your privacy settings to manage who sees what.
How to find the Facebook ID of Another Person on Facebook
- Go to https://www.facebook.com on your web browser. You will need to use a computer with an internet connection and a web browser to find a user’s Facebook ID.
- Log into Facebook. Fill out your username and password into the blank field at the top-right corner of the screen, then click on “Log In”.
- Move to the person’s profile. You can locate it by filling out their name in the search box located at the top of the screen or by clicking on their name in your Friends list.
- Right-click the gray area on the page. You will see the gray areas to the left and right of the person’s profile. A short menu will show up.
- If the computer you are making use of does not have a right mouse button, press the Ctrl key on the keyboard as you left-click.
- Click on “View page source”. This is going to get technical a little bit. The source code of the page will show up in a new tab.
- If you do not get to see “View page source,” just look out for something like “Page source” or “View source.”
- Press this keys ⌘ Command+F (macOS) or Ctrl + F (Windows). A search box will show up.
- Type in the profile_id into the box and press “Return” (macOS) or “Enter” (Windows). You will get to see the person’s Facebook ID or user ID to the right of “profile_id.”