Create your own avatar Facebook, to avoid missing out on what’s trending on the Facebook community. The Facebook avatars have been around for a few weeks now and Facebook users have already delved into it to make their Facebook activities more lively and exciting.
The avatar feature on Facebook is the newest addition to the social network platform which comes in a cartoony form, which you can customize with various forms of accessories like hairstyles, skin tone, lip color, and outfit, etc.
Create Your Own Avatar Facebook
The Facebook avatar is not limited in usage. This means once you have created to your taste, you will be able to use it in your Facebook comments, stories, your profile picture, Facebook, and Messenger chat windows. That’s not all, you can also use your Facebook avatar as a sticker in apps like Snapchat, Twitter, Mail and Instagram, amazing right!!!
Facebook Avatar Creator App
Before you can create Facebook avatar, you will need the official Facebook app, because it is only through the app that you can create the avatar feature.
If you already have the Facebook official app, you can skip this part to the how to create an avatar section. However, if you do not have the app, here is how to get one:
- Start by turning on your Android or iOS device and connect it to the internet. You can achieve this by turning on your device data connection.
- Next, open the Apple App Store if you are an iOS user or the Google Play Store if you are an Android user.
- Then, using the search bar, search for ‘Facebook’ and click on the Facebook official app.
- Then hit on the ‘Install’ option and follow through with the on-screen instruction given to you.
If after downloading and installing the Facebook app, you still can’t access avatar feature, it means you have to update your app.
Use these simple steps to update the Facebook official app:
How To Update Your Facebook Avatar App
- Click open the Google Play Store or App Store depending on your device requirements.
- Look for ‘making use of the app store for the Facebook official app’
- If your installed app is not up to date, you will see the ‘Update’ tab. If on the other hand the app is up-to-date, you will see the ‘Open’ tab instead. If the app is not installed, you will find the ‘Install’ tab.
- Since you are trying to update your app, click on the ‘Update’ option. Then wait for app update to complete.
Now before you can use a Facebook avatar, you have to create one. To be able to create one, you have to keep reading down this article to learn just how you can do that. Let’s get started:
- The first step, is to open the Facebook app on your phone and click on the hamburger menu which appears as the three stacked lines. Now depending on the kind of device you are using, this could be in lower right corner in iOS and in the upper right corner on Android phones.
- Follow it up by scrolling down and clicking on the ‘See More’ option.
- Then choose ‘Avatars’.
- Tick on the Next option and then on the Get Started option.
- Your next line of action, will be to choose your preferred skin tone (you can choose from a range of 27 options) and then click on ‘Next’
- You will get a prompt to select the hairstyle of your choice for your avatar. Then you can choose either, Short, Medium or Long for a variety of styles. Once you have decided on what you want, click on the Color icon.
- Follow it up by moving on to your avatar’s Face icon, where you will have to choose the face shape, completion as well as face lines for your avatar.
- Once the face has been customized, click on the Eye icon. Then choose an eye shape, color and lash length. Thereafter, move over to the Eyebrows icon and choose the brow shape as well as color. If you like, you can also add glasses.
- Next, you can customize the nose and mouth. Then choose your nose shape and thereafter move on to your mouth shape. Then add a lip color and facial hair.
- This next step requires you selecting a body shape. After you do this, you can choose an outfit which you like best. Then you can also decide to add a hat, scarf or cat ears to your avatar’s outfit.
- Lastly, after customizing you avatar, click on the check mark icon in the upper right corner. Then click on Next and then on Done.
Now if you want to use your avatar, you can now access your newly created avatar by clicking on the smiley face icon in the ‘Write a comment’ section of Facebook.
Bravo, you have just created your first unique avatar, that you can share with your friends.