3 Ways to Find Saved Wi-Fi Passwords in Windows 10 – When you forget your Wi-Fi passwords it be very frustrating. Unfortunately for me, it happens more often than I’d like to admit. However, forgetting your Wi-Fi password should not be a huge issue. That’s because there’s a simple way you can find out the password of your current Wi-Fi connection in Windows 10. You can even view the saved Wi-Fi passwords for other networks you have connected to in the past. So, if you cannot remember your password, do not be afraid because below is how you can find saved Wi-Fi passwords in Windows 10.
Easily Find Wi-Fi Password in Windows 10
To know how this can be possible keep reading this article, we will show you two different ways to find your Wi-Fi password in Windows 10. The first method will use the network settings in your Windows 10 PC, while the second method will require the command prompt. Both ways work for private networks, public Wi-Fi, and mobile hotspots. So, without further trouble, let’s look into how you can see all saved Wi-Fi passwords on your Windows 10 computer.
Find Wi-Fi Password Using Network Settings
Using Network Settings, you can view the Wi-Fi password for the network you are currently connected to. Here’s how you go about it:
1. First, search for ‘control panel’ in the Windows Search Bar. Open the Control Panel and click on ‘Network and Sharing Center ‘.
2. Now, click on ‘Change adapter settings ‘in the left sidebar.
3. Next, double-click on the target Wi-Fi adapter to open the Wi-Fi Status window for that connection.
4. From the Wi-Fi Status window, click the ‘Wireless Properties ‘button. On the next page, move to the ‘Security ‘tab.
5. Finally, click on the ‘Show Characters ‘checkbox to see the Wi-Fi password (i.e Network security key) for your current network.
6. Find Wi-Fi Password Using Command Prompt
Using the command line interface, you can not only find the password for your active Wi-Fi network but all saved networks on your Windows 10 PC. Here’s how to go about it:
1. Firstly, open Command Prompt in Admin mode on your Windows 10 computer. To do that, search for ‘cmd’ in the Search Bar and click on ‘Run as administrator’.
2. Now type in netsh wlan show profile and hit Enter. This command will display a list of all networks whose passwords are saved on your PC.
3. you cane now choose the Wi-Fi network whose password you would like to see. Then, type in the following command and hit Enter: netsh wlan show profile name=”xyz” key=clear. You can see the saved password under ‘Key Content’. Do replace “xyz” with the name of the Wi-Fi network whose password you’re trying to find
Never Worry About Forgetting Your Wi-Fi Network Passwords Ever Again
I believe this tutorial above will guide you find your long-forgotten Wi-Fi password(s) on your Windows 10 computer. Now that you have retrieved your Wi-Fi password, check out how you can share the Wi-Fi password using QR Codes or fix network connection issues on Windows 10. Sticking with Wi-Fi, learn more about the Wi-Fi 6E standard and the best Wi-Fi 6/6E routers you can buy right now. Finally, check out some of our other Windows 10 tutorials, including how to manually create a system restore point and how to remove all ads from Windows 10.