The USAA Credit Card has served millions of individuals. Originally founded in 1922 by 25 members of the US Army as a way of insuring cars, USAA has helped provide insurance and financial services to members of the military and their family members as well. Services offered by the USAA include banking, insurance (automobile, homeowner, personal loans, mortgage loans and retirement planning). The USAA has grown from its start with 25 members to serving over 9 million members today.
The USAA offers 14 different credit cards which fill specific purposes.
- USAA Limitless Cashback Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Cashback Rewards Plus American Express Card
- Cashback Rewards American Express Card
- USAA Rewards Visa Signature Card
- USAA Rewards American Express Card
- USAA Rate Advantage Visa Platinum Card
- USAA Classic Visa Platinum Card
- USAA Classic American Express Card
- USAA Secured Card Visa Platinum Card
- USAA Secured Card American Express Card
- USAA Military Affiliate Visa Signature Card
- USAA Military Affiliate American Express Card
USAA Credit Card Application
There are strict rules to be followed before you can apply. USAA is not an open source credit union, they fall under the Federal Savings Bank. You are eligible to apply if you fall under any of these categories:
- Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.
- Officiating aspirants in army commissioning projects (ROTC/OCS/OTS)
- Adults with parents who previously or currently possess a USAA insurance.
- Widows and widowers of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.
Apply for USAA Credit Card Online
- Login the USAA website
- Select ‘Join USAA’ on the top menu
- When the page loads click on ‘Get Started’
- Follow on-screen instructions
- When completed, wait for confirmation email.
USAA Credit Card Login
In cases of traveling, you can have 24/7 access to your account online. You can do this by visiting the USAA official website or download the Application from Google Play store or iOS App Store.
To login visit www.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon?acf=1
Enter your Online ID and input your password.
USAA Credit Card Best Picks
- USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® is top of the list of best picks because of its above-average reward rates on all purchases. This card is simple to use as you don’t need to optimize for certain categories, just swipe your card and get your 1.5% cash back reward.
- USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express® Card has a relatively unique cashback rate of 5% for military purchase. This is the best USAA Credit Card for those on active duty and those who work on base.
- USAA Secured Card Visa Platinum® Card is the best pick for individuals with bad credit but still wish to get a credit card from USAA. Cardholders are said to receive an APR of between 11.5% and 21.5%, however, it comes with a $35 annual fee which is not so great given how little features are associated with the card.
USAA Credit Card also offers
- Extended Warranty
- Rental Car Insurance
- Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement
- Versatile Travel rewards
- No penalty APR.
If you are in the military, related to the military or work on base the USAA Credit Card is best for you.